Colorado Amateur Radio BroadBand Network (CARBBN) is an Amateur Radio club that is attempting to build a high speed IP network throughout the state of Colorado.
CARBBN’s High speed IP network would allow club’s, groups, and other Amateur Radio based groups to connect with each other in a whole new way.
What is a Mesh network?
- Collection of overlapping nodes in a mesh topology
- Each node routes traffic to other nodes in the network
- Self discovering, self configuring, self healing
- Mesh forms and adapts automatically as it grows
- Dynamically adjusts to changing resources in the Mesh
- Routing protocols enable automatic reconfiguration as nodes join the Mesh
What capabilities would the High Speed IP network have?
IP based phones similar to ones used with Allstar technology
VoIP technologies allowing Hams to interact with technologies normally not available to them
File storage for many purposes include EmComm
Software that runs on the Internet today can run on the network indepedently