Colorado Amateur Radio Broad Band Network (CARBBN) is an Amateur Radio club that is building a high speed IP network throughout the state of Colorado.
CARBBN’s high speed IP network allows club’s, groups, and other Amateur Radio based groups to connect with each other in a whole new high speed way.
What is a Mesh network?
- Collection of overlapping nodes in a mesh topology
- Each node routes traffic to other nodes in the network
- Self discovering, self configuring, self healing
- Mesh forms and adapts automatically as it grows
- Dynamically adjusts to changing resources in the Mesh
- Routing protocols enable automatic reconfiguration as nodes join the Mesh
What capabilities does the High Speed IP network have?
IP based phones similar to ones used with Allstar technology
VoIP technologies allowing Hams to interact with technologies normally not available to them
File storage for many purposes include EmComm
Software that runs on the Internet today can run on the network independently